Universitas Negeri Padang (UNP) is one of the oldest universities in Indonesia. UNP firstly established as a Teacher Education College in Batusangkar, West Sumatera, Indonesia, on September 1, 1954. The Teacher Education College then became the Institute of Teacher Training and Education (IKIP Padang). In 1999, its status changed as a University with a greater mandate which also led to non-education study programs.
On its development, UNP has focused consistently on its main mission in education while also to produce other professional fields. UNP is ready to set its vision to become a leading university based on devotion to God, the Almighty, and to compete globally in various fields of education, knowledge, technology, sports, language and arts in Southeast Asia until 2020. UNP aims to do as a superior center in various fields of education, knowledge, technology, sports, language, and art.
Becoming a superior faculty that producing professional, vocational, and entrepreneurial on the field of tourism and hospitality which served to God, the Almighty, and competed at the ASEAN level
- Organizing the qualified education and training in the fields of Tourism and Hospitality education and vocational
- Organizing training activities and disseminating knowledge, research results, and innovative learning models at the national and international levels in the field of vocational education in Tourism and Hospitality
- Carrying out community service activities as an effort to apply the vocational education in Tourism and Hospitality
- Organizing an international standard of management / governance system in ensuring the delivery of excellent services
- Organizing local, national, and international cooperation
- Organizing cooperation with other institutions both local and abroad
Human Resources and Facilities:
The teaching staffs of the faculty have educational qualifications ranging from masters to doctoral degrees whose are graduated from domestic and foreign. Some teaching staff also has special expertise and good reputation in national, regional, and international level. The faculty provides room for lecturer, internet rooms, libraries, electronic learning media, workshop spaces, labour, studios, Prayer’s room, multipurpose rooms, performance stages, closed theatres, computer laboratories, and online systems.